Easter 2013 on the Isle of Wight
...there's plenty to be egg-cited about
The Isle of Wight is the place to be this Easter, with family fun, chocolate treat making and spring markets galore… the perfect way to enjoy the Easter holidays! Many of the Isle of Wight’s more seasonal attractions will open their doors again for the first time this year too, so there’s plenty to be egg-cited about.
- If you fancy getting creative, how about making your own Easter eggs with an Easter Chocolate Making Experience at Chocolate Island?
- Or, if you love cupcakes you can learn how to decorate some little beauties with The Vintage Cake Company in their Easter Cake Decorating Workshop.
Either of these tasty opportunities would be perfect for any chocoholics out there – share your works of art with your friends and family as the perfect handmade Easter gifts, or enjoy the fruits of your labour yourself!
Of course there are the more traditional Easter family activities for the children:
- Arreton Old Village will be holding an Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday
- Easter Family Fun at Osborne House will see children hunting for Victorian bunnies all weekend
- Robin Hill are holding a Mad Easter Egg Dash at 12noon on Easter Sunday and Monday
- They’ll be Easter Egg-citement at Mottistone Manor Gardens on Easter Sunday
Or you might like family fun… with a twist:
- Easter at the IW Steam Railway offers you a spring train ride, Easter bonnet parade and Treasure Hunt
- Easter at The Needles Park brings you Professor Huxley Humbug creating sweet flavours, plus hidden clues & puzzles
- Finally at Blackgang Chine you can enjoy an Easter Eggstravaganza featuring ‘The Great Escape’ on 3rd – 4th and 10th – 11th April
Along with all of the crazy Easter giggles for the little ones, here are a few Easter holiday or Springtime events on the Isle of Wight suitable for all ages: